Monday, October 20, 2008

so for reason such as these:

1. i feel like i made a emotional decision, which obviously isnt the best of choices.
2. i met local people and am starting to get into the culture.
3. i really hate winter.
4. the economy in the western world SUCKS, and so do the sky rocketting prices.
5. i am starting to get into the job and actually enjoy it.
6. i only felt excited to see people, but not what canada had to offer. my friends and family will always be there. this opportunity will, but not the same.

i am here to stay. for a complete year. i changed my flight to september 7, 2009.

As for life lately, its been pretty alright. I am here in Penang, Malaysia again, because my visa expired today. I am now getting a 60 day visa while my KITAS goes through. In 60 days I will be back in Penang for the 3rd time, and hopefully staying at the beach. Its been raining non stop. UGH. Though I did go and get a 20$ tattoo today. Sweet deal. "Embrace"

Things in my household are a little fucking crazy, ever live with an ex? Bad news. I want to be friends but it is very difficult right now, hence why I am moving out sometime this week. I am moving in with my friends family. They are a muslim family, and I am pretty stoked. I will get to experience the culture first hand which is super cool. I completely thought they were joking when they asked me to live there. I was asking them where I can look for a place and his sister said, why dont you live here?, I thought they were joking. Then about an hour later they said, will you live here?, i said, do you really want me to live here?, yes of course. So sure, I will. They screamed in excitement, apparently I am very well liked. haha. Now they are my Indonesian family, his mom tells me to call her Mama, and his sister Kak Lia, and Kak Viona. Kak-meaning older sister. Its great to feel belonged and safe. Plus they always compliment me, which is a plus too. But they say I MUST shower everyday if I live there. I will be showering everyday, which if you know me, you know that this is a very rare thing for me. I probably should shower everyday its pretty hot here.

Sarah from Germany came to stay at my house a couple weekends ago. Lindsay and my birthday party was on Saturday so we all got drunk and Sarah and I had the worst experience ever. We got in a becak and it was taking us all over the fucking place and I knew we were lost, and I couldnt get a hold of Lindsay, who speaks fluent indonesian, and I didnt know what to do. Its supposed to take 15 minutes to get there and it took 1 hour. Then he wanted to charge us more, and it was completely stupid because it wasnt our fault, so we ran into the house and then lindsay had to come out and yell at him and some randoms gave him 3000 rupiahs. god he was so stupid.

My Indonesian friends are pretty cool. I ride around on a motorcycle with no helmet almost every night. ACK. i think maybe I should get a helmet, but everyone rides here without one. anyways, we usually just go outside this internet cafe and drink bintang and chill. There is a whole bunch of boys and one girl, my favourite two friends of Denni's are Rogi and Evan. They are super nice and I really like them. Denni is the boys whose family I will live with. There is this one friend of his though that i really dislike, he told me i was unhealthy cuz i dont shower everyday while he sat there smoking a cigarette, then he drove us to denni's band practice and im pretty sure he was trying to hit a cat. I think this because I heard Denni say something in Indonesian but he said vegetarian in between all the words I didnt understand. FUCKER.

When I told my classes I was leaving some of them got so sad, I had this one girl add me to facebook and write me a message about how she will miss me and stuff, it was super sweet and cute. Then posted a picture of me and the class and wrote how the class will miss me. AWE. it was so sweet.

I dunno what else is going on. I have just been living day by day and things are going good. I miss you all dearly and hope you are well over there.

No comments: