Friday, May 9, 2008

So we have arrived here in Halifax.
the end of it all was pretty sad in Ontario. I tried not to cry too much, and there are some people I know that wont forget me and I wont forget them so as long as those friends stay around forever its all good. Plus so many good people say they are coming to visit me, though i still miss people, and will probably cry lots in about a month.

The drive was so completely ridiculously long, we have driven straight to flordia and it was 24 hrs, but this trip seemed longer, and we drove all the way to Utah and that didnt seem as long either. I will have to figure out how to post pictures and show you our truck, it was so CRAZY. we left on monday night at 8 and then got to Mississauga and my dad realized he forgot his wallet. so we had to turn back around and grab it. I only drove for like 2 hours the whole way, Adam and my dad did most of the driving, I almost finished my book. We stopped once for breakfast and thats all! we stopped to go pee and get gas, ALOT OF GAS. It was really beautiful, I would have to say Quebec was the prettiest, just after quebec city and riviere du loup there were mountains and stuff it was real nice. The floods in New Brunswick were CRAZY, there was water about a foot away from the transcanada high way.

When we arrived at 7pm on tuesday Robyn, Amir and Ryan were there waiting on our step. We got unpacked in about 15 minutes, but still organzing our house, and realized that we forgot ALL our cutlery in cambridge. BALLS.

We just went to bearlys for some food and drinks, and the pitchers in halifax are SO small and the same price as our ontario ones. its ridiculous, that is my only complaint so far. haha.

we went to the harbour and saw starfish and lots of urchins. it was so so neat. Its so beautiful here and I cant wait to get all settled in and find a job. ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE HIRING?! Last night we went to karaoke and i got to see some peeps that i hadnt seen yet, and meet some new ones. adam and james reid sang regulators and it was so good! we sang hey jude and of course it was wonderful.

its nice out and i think we will go for a walk today and tonight kelly is coming over for dinner and robyn is going to come over later and we will make crafts. I am excited for adventures and this city and visits and everything!

life is good!

1 comment:

robinacraftmoney said...

girlfriend!

i will upload the regulate video and you can learn to post videos on your blog!!

also, i am glad you're here :)

xo