Monday, August 11, 2008

its 7 am and i leave in 4 hours.

i didnt get to say goodbye to very many people that i wish i could have, but at least my last memories with them arent cries, and i will remember our last time together with happiness and hugs. i will see you again, its no biggie.

im trying to have this comforting thought that i will actually see everyone again, i know this is NOT completely true, but there are some people that i KNOW i will be seeing again. I know that we will stay in contact, and I am going to try my darn best to keep up with mail and phone calls and emails, and BLOG. haha.

It still doesnt feel like I am leaving. I said goodbye to some people, some i have come really really close with. But still i do not feel empty. I am guessing this is a good thing, a positive change. when i left toronto 4 months ago i definitely felt empty. things are good, life is looking up. i am excited for the unknown, the complete different. It is definitely going to be a culture shock at first though.

MY last week/weekend here has been amazing. I did lots of things I wanted to do but didn't get a chance to. I went to blue moon with Lindsay, Jenna and Mish. Mish and I walked home together and I realized how much of an amazing, heartfelt, warming person she is. I wish I had got to know her better while I was here, but I guess I will just have to stay in touch more so. I went to the Kelsalls skipping and was surprisingly alright at it. Colly showed up and it was SO amazing to see her. I love that girl. We went to this hip hop night at the seahorse at about 1 am and boy was it crazy. sexy dancers everywhere. me, not so sexy dancer, felt like i needed to be REALLY drunk to be in there, this was not the case though. Adam came and we all went to pizza corner and colly and i got a donair to split, we both had never experienced it. it wasnt bad, i prefer drunk pizza though.

we went camping on thursday amir and robyn, adam and i. we had a fire the boys built, or i probably should say men built. we made yummy smores (and veggie dogs are apparently really hard to roast on a stick), we even made jiffy pop, obviously drank quite a bit, and finally went down nightswimming, while i was the only one that made it down swimming. I absolutely LOVE swimming, so incredibly much, I am so in love with all the lakes here in Nova Scotia. There was a retired lady staying next to our site and she was on a bike, we asked her where she biked from, her answer:VANCOUVER. I felt so proud of her, even though I didnt know her, also a bit jealous. I cant imagine ever being in that good of shape, even at this age. It definitely motivates me. I think if they have gyms in Indonesia, I will get a membership, its just going to be WAY too hot to be running outside. right now its 10 hours ahead so, 520pm, and it is 32 degrees celcius, but feels like 42. HOLY BALLS.

friday we had our fancy party. everyone got all pretty, and then got all sloppy. the party ended pretty early on account to excessive drinking and early start. It was a pretty good night, what i can remember of it, apart from disrespectful people, and adam vomitting all over himself and our bed. Thank gosh we arent taking our bed. I got to see kelly,erin and noah, who were all in montreal for 5ish days, so that was amazing. oh, i also woke up with a mystery black eye.

went to the ocean one last time with kelly,mish and mish's amazing roomate claire. It was so random and all over the place but SO fun. the water was so warm and i actually swam in the ocean, not just stood there and body surfed. I went to farthest out i had ever been, it was super exciting for me. my eyes were burning, but i loved every minute of it. each time i do something like this it makes me fall more in love with this beautiful province. we came home and got ready for macara house party. it was super fun. lots of people were there and james reid played some great tunes while us mostly girls danced, with adam of course. the cops showed up around 1230 and everyone got kicked out, adam and i stayed and hung out with lindsay, melanie, ryan and james for a bit. It was so nice to just chill after the crazy party mode. we got our last halifax pizza that day.

yesterday we got our lives in order, had people drop by buy our stuff, say goodbye, hang out. it was fun and cute. and i very much enjoyed it. i got some wine, we drank it and lindsay, robyn, adam and i walked to point pleasant for a very short visit because the skeeters were bad. but it was a nice walk in the ritzy neighbourhood.

today. i say goodbye. see you later. get on my first plane ride with somebody. and fly back home. right downtown toronto. we will probably experience rush hour like we have not experienced in all the time living here, and it will be hectic and crazy and rushed and nuts. but fun and refreshing. I am excited, scared, happy, sad, so many things, but all in a positive way.

Thank you halifax, and everyone in it for making my time here nothing but special and amazing. thank you for letting me fall in love with your city, and wanting me to come back. most importantly thank you for letting me relax and help me on my adventures.

i will be back. i definitely will be back.

No comments: